Sunday, April 26, 2009

Meet Cowboy




We bought a dog today. Long story short, something really terrible happened a few days ago and we felt the need for a guard dog. I'm not going to write about what happened because I don't want to tarnish my happy little blog.

The dog's name is Cowboy and he's 1 1/2 years old. He's an Australian Cattle Dog or sometimes called a Blue Heeler. Doesn't he look bad ass? He's incredibly smart and loving but naturally suspicious of strangers. Perfect! I think he's going to be a wonderful addition to our family. Someone to help keep us safe, be a tireless playmate for Adelle, and eat all of the Cheerios Ivan drops on the floor.

4 comments:

erin said...

Perfect! Welcome to the family, Cowboy! (Although, I have to warn you, Pedro is now refusing to eat Cheerios...)

erin said...

p.s. Cowboy is the BEST. NAME. EVER!!!

Momisodes said...

He is beautiful! But definitely looks bad ass.
I hope you all spend many happy years together, and he helps to ward off any unwanted visitors.

Valerie said...

Wow, so glad you're okay and that he was caught!! Love the pic of you walking the dog. It's very artistic and the colors are vibrant.