Thursday, April 16, 2009

Conversations with Adelle

Last night I told Adelle it was time for bed. Apparently I had interrupted a very exciting computer game. She sulked to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

Adelle: I wish I could do whatever I wanted when I'm a kid.

Me: You can do whatever you want when you're 18 years old.

Adelle: Then can I pick out my own movies? (I find it funny that this is the first thing she worries about)

Me: Yup.

Adelle: But how can I go get my own movies if I can't drive?

Me: When you're 16 you will get your driver's license.

Adelle: (starting to cry) But I will get in an accident!

Me: You will be a good driver.

Adelle: (getting more upset) But I don't have a car!

Me: (trying not to laugh) Daddy and I will let you drive our car. (Then she really started crying)

Adelle: But I don't know how to drive!

Me: Aww, Adelle it's okay! (I hugged her) We will teach you how to drive. We will help you practice.

Adelle: (calming down) Okay.

Often, after a long day, Adelle becomes very emotional...just like Mommy! Sometimes, it's just time to go to bed.

2 comments:

Sarah @ BecomingSarah.com said...

I'm new around here, but this is too cute! I'm sure when you remind her of this when she's 16, she'll laugh =)

Momisodes said...

Aww. She's such a woman. Thinking and worrying about the future already :)