You know what's awesome? When Ivan spits up a little, then sneezes, and it sprays all over my face. I think I got some curdled milk in my eye.
So, I don't think Ivan is completely Ferberized yet (meaning he doesn't go to bed on his own without crying). It's been two steps forward, one step back for a few days. We are making progress though. Usually I can put him to bed awake (but sleepy) and he will cry for less than 5 minutes. I can deal with that. However, occasionally he's so feisty that I can barely hold on to him while he screams and arches his back and I have to put him in his bed before he's drowsy. This usually leads to 30-60 minutes of crying. I'm sure our neighbors can't wait for us to move out.
I'm really glad that we tried the Ferber method with Ivan and that we did it while he's still very young. We tried it with Adelle and I wimped out after a night or two. I wasn't planning on trying it with Ivan but he is a very different child than Adelle was. He gets incredibly grumpy when he's tired and I was exhausting myself every day trying to hold him until he fell asleep. This might not seem like a big deal but he takes 4 naps a day plus bed-time which each usually require 30-40 minutes of bouncing and carrying. There is one positive side though: I lost the pregnancy weight because I rarely get to sit down! Will someone please get me a sandwich?! I'm so hungry!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago



4 comments:
Oh my gosh! I didn't have much of an appetite while I was pregnant, but the MOMENT SJ was born I was famished! I'm proud of you for letting him "cry it out." Give yourself and him lots of grace. Sometimes you just have to go get them and try again later. : )
having kids who can go to bed by themselves, is the best present you could ever give to yourself. It is tough with some, but persistence now is better than years of rocking/nursing/reading/singing your kids to sleep
thanks for the support you guys! Leaving a baby crying alone in a room can make you feel like a really bad parent at times!
rock on! this method worked for peyton and olivia...you do feel like a bad parent at times, but you know better than anyone that you are a wonderful mother...so keep up the good work! and congrats on losing the pregnancy weight!!!
Post a Comment