Wednesday, November 26, 2008

my little gardener

Adelle likes to play around in the dirt outside and she tells me she's planting seeds and such but I've been thinking that she's just pretending to plant little pebbles and flower petals. So, imagine my surprise when I noticed little plants sprouting up where she plays. Apparently she had planted the nasturtium seeds I had left outside. She has even made a little garden for herself around the corner from our apartment. Notice the mud pies on top of the rocks. Oh, and the cooking pot full of mud.







Our neighbors have a dying basil plant on their patio and Adelle said, "I saw that the plant over there needed water and the other day I sneaked over there where they couldn't see my body and I watered that plant."



I realize now that she's not just digging in the dirt out there! She's actually gardening. So, Jesse took her to the store and bought her some seeds and a gardening spade. She now has her own little plot where she is awaiting some carrots and wild flowers. She has been watering her seeds every day with her squirt gun.

1 comment:

erin said...

Oh my gosh! I can't make anything grow, and your four-year-old has stuff growing all over the place!