Sunday, November 23, 2008

Huh?

Until you know how parenthood will affect you, you shouldn't drive or operate heavy machinery.

Sometimes I can't find my brain. Seriously. Taking care of Ivan for the last 2 1/2 months has so completely absorbed most of my waking moments that I feel like I can't remember ever doing anything else. You know it's bad when your "To Do List" is 25 items long and you don't even look at it for 5 days. Or, that you know exactly how many diapers you changed today, what times you fed your baby, at what time they last sneezed, and that their pinky nail needs to be clipped but you have no idea what you ate today or what day of the week it is.

This is also a problem because I'm hoping to go back to work soon and I'm hoping I can remember all of that cytotechnology stuff that I supposedly learned. I'm licensed to read and diagnose a Pap smear, yet, that part of my brain feels like it's missing. SCARY. The other scary thing is that I would rather watch TV and knit than even think about Pap smears. Well, now that I write it down it makes perfect sense. TV is more interesting for sure!

2 comments:

Valerie said...

Oh, the horrors of Mommy brain! It does improve as the children grow. But I'd be nervous if my open-heart surgeon was a new mother!!

erin said...

I found that once SJ got to be about 7 months old, I started to feel a little more alive than I had for quite a while... Hang in there.