Lately I've been watching
Jon and Kate Plus 8 and they were going through each sextuplet one by one and talking about what strategy each one uses to avoid being disciplined. For example, one of their boys gives the "blank stare." As Kate said, "he has this look like 'I can't even remember my own name, let alone comprehend anything that is being said to me.'" One of their girls starts to cry and cough so hard she vomits as if to say, "Don't you dare upset me any more or I'll lose my lunch." It got me thinking, "does Adelle have a strategy?" She certainly does. When she senses I'm a little bit upset with her she tries to argue her way out of it. However, when she knows that I'm so angry that arguing is futile she crumbles into a sobbing mess. She gives my leg a hug and cries, "but I'm super sorry! I'm soooo sorry!" hoping that the elephant-sized tears and Velcro koala hug will break me. I have to admit that I want to cave EVERY single time...but I don't. It is so hard to stand my ground in the midst of The Hugs. Those hugs have serious power.
1 comment:
Audrey and Adelle must have conferred on this one. The worst, is when Audrey totally freaks out, and I lock myself in the bathroom to get away. Meanwhile, she's hysterically crying, "Mommy, I'm scared, Mommy, don't leave me," etc.. etc.. I'm sure the neighbors think I'm abusive. Lately, she's been doing good about apologizing later, "Mommy, I'm sorry I acted that way." So, at least progress is being made!
Post a Comment