Friday, April 29, 2011

Conversations with Adelle

Me: Ugh! (as I walk off to get some Tums)

Adelle: Are you mad because you're sick of your allergies?

Me: No, I have heartburn because I'm pregnant.

Adelle: What's that?

Me: Well, the baby is pushing on my stomach and it makes the acid come up my throat. It really hurts.

Adelle: I guess it's not much fun being pregnant sometimes.

Me: Nope. Sometimes it SUCKS!

Adelle: I bet you wish you could just lay an egg and wait for it to hatch.

Me: Adelle, it would be wonderful if I could do that! I like how you think.

2 comments:

Valerie said...

That made me laugh so hard! Yes, I'd have a half dozen kids if that's all it took!

Valerie said...

PS You should submit that one to the Reader's Digest. They just accepted a humorous quip I submitted and will be printing it in their August edition. Adelle is so clever!