Monday, February 21, 2011

It's been a while huh?

I'm just going to try and jump right back in and quickly update you all on the last 5-6 months!

1. We're having another baby! I'm about 24 weeks along and it's a boy :) No, we don't have a name picked out yet but we're working on it. It was a challenging 1st trimester with a lot of fatigue and about 12 weeks of nausea. Now that I'm nearly finished with the 2nd trimester I'm feeling pretty great! Just a little low back pain and heart-burn but I can't complain too much.

Baby's profile at 21 weeks



This is me at 17 weeks...I've grown a bit since this was taken :)



2. We bought a house! We moved in about a week before Christmas and we're sooooo happy. We are now living out in the country, on over an acre of our very own land, on a river by the mountains. And it is every bit as serene as it sounds! Here are some pictures...notice the large trees in the yard visible from our dining table.






3. Adelle turned 7 in January and has become quite the little reader. She reads short chapter books to herself and we often have to tell her lights out around 11pm because she won't put her book down. She still draws every day and told me yesterday, "I think I was born to draw." She absolutely loves her new backyard and all of the space for bird-watching, bike riding, and exploring nature.

4. Ivan is quite the chatter-box these days. He's reached that age of language explosion where he will repeat anything he hears (watch out!). He too is enjoying our new house and all of the extra space to run around.

5. Jesse has been happier than I've ever seen him. He can hardly sit still he has so many projects going on at the new house. He's acquired tons of tools and is fearless when it comes to tackling any project. So far he has built custom cabinets, cemented in a pull-up bar and dip bars in the backyard, revamped the fireplace surround with new tile and mounted a flat-screen TV over it, installed new light fixtures and a new faucet, started installing steps down to the river, and the list goes on and on! I love my handy man!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Congratulations! A new baby, and new house! So exciting!! Adele and Audrey are so much alike. Wish we lived closer. So happy things are going so well for you!!