I haven't been blogging much lately due to working full-time. I have to say that being a working parent is bitter-sweet. I enjoy having a job and getting out of the house very much. I love using my brain for non-Mommy tasks. I've been trying my hardest to find balance in all areas of my life but IT IS NOT EASY. I've given a great deal of thought as to why it's so hard and I've come to this conclusion: my family still wants the same amount of attention from me as before but I have 45 hours less per week to provide it.
Where does that leave me? Um, a little haggard at times. I think this will all get easier with experience. I've only been working for six short weeks. For me, having a balanced life takes planning. I need time to develop my "game plan." There's no way that fitting in work, time with kids, time with Jesse, time alone, a little exercise, healthy eating, drinking binges, staring at the wall, American Idol, and plenty of sleep will all just happen by accident.
I will say this though: Even on my most frustrating and exhausting day I still feel incredibly lucky. I have a beautiful and healthy family, a good job, plenty of food, and a comfortable home. It's a lot to be thankful for.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago



No comments:
Post a Comment