Monday, February 9, 2009

Daddy's Special Touch

Jesse has fully embraced the stay-at-home parent role while I'm away at work. This has given him the opportunity to truly bond with Ivan. The poopy diapers, spit-up, bottles, rice cereal, crying, laughing, drooling...Jesse takes it all in stride.

He has discovered a special way of soothing Ivan that only he can do. He sits Ivan in his lap at the computer, blasts rock music (such as The Cure), and air drums while holding Ivan. At first Ivan is very excited and his eyes are open wide. Gradually, he calms down and just stares, mesmerized by the sound and movement. By the end of the second song Jesse is just bouncing Ivan on his leg to the beat. Ivan can't keep his eyes open and falls fast asleep.

It's funny that music that is a bit loud for my taste lulls Ivan to sleep. Sometimes it's apparent that Jesse understands Ivan's needs better than I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

interesting. It's amazing what will soothe a child! I think its great!

Unknown said...

Tonight he fell asleep to Autolux. He was out 1 minute into the second song.