Project: Cloth Diapers
Status: In progress
Money saved: none yet
We are using cloth diapers full-time and enjoying it. It's been about 2 1/2 months using them full-time and I can honestly say that it's not bad at all! It takes a little more effort and planning but I think it's worth the hassle. Yes it saves money and it's good for the environment but even if you're not a frugle hippie, here's something that might win you over: NO POOPY BLOWOUTS. I'm serious. That notorious runny infant poo does not leak. And honestly, the laundry saved from that alone sort of balances things out!
I'll have to use them for about one more month before I break even on the money invested and then I'll start saving.
Here's a little known fact that I can attest is true: dirty diapers from exclusively breastfed babies do not need to be rinsed. It's really true. Their poop dissolves in the washing machine and rinses away. I do one short cold/cold wash followed by a long hot/cold wash with an extra rinse cycle at the end and my diapers come out very clean and odor free!
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago



1 comment:
Awesome! I'd pay a lot of money for no poopy blowouts!
Post a Comment