Friday, January 8, 2010

Six Years










This year Adelle is six! It's been an incredible journey up to this point. Adelle has made leaps and bounds this year. Her artwork has gone from amazing to unbelievable. She has started soccer and Karate. She zoomed through Kindergarten Math, Phonics, and Language Arts and is half-way through the first grade Math curriculum. She learned to tie her shoes, explore the internet, name her continents, tell time, and throw one hell of a punch.

I've learned that Adelle is her own person... a little bit of me, a little bit of Jesse, and parts of her personality are uniquely her own. She's skeptical, thoughtful, inquisitive, and sensitive. She likes to please others and be silly but she doesn't want to be the center of attention. She likes to follow the rules but also escape into fantasy by pretending to be a dog, cat, or unicorn. She is the best big sister anyone could ask for. She watches out for her little brother, tries to entertain him, and is always exceeding my expectations with how patient she is with him. I'm amazed at her growth and accomplishments and the wonderful little girl she has become. I love her more than words can describe. Happy Birthday Adelle!

4 comments:

The Weaver Olsons said...

Happy Birthday, Amazing Girl!

Valerie said...

Happy Birthday, Adelle! It snowed here. How do you like your new home? How is your little brother? I've heard that you do homeschool. I do homeschool to. Also, I've heard that you can tell time. I'm learning to tell time to. Happy Holidays. Love, Audrey

Momisodes said...

She is such a doll! Really, she is so beautiful. What a wonderful series of photos of her growing up.

Hope she had a very Happy Birthday!

Leah said...

I haven't checked out your blog in awhile....I love this post! What beautiful pictures and a wonderful message to your little girl :) I can't believe how fast she's growing up!!!