Thursday, December 24, 2009

Conversations with Adelle


This morning...

Adelle: I didn't like my dreams last night.

Me: How come?

Adelle: I had naughty dreams.

Me: *gulp* Like what?

Adelle: Well, you and Daddy were sleeping and I sneaked out of my room and ate a piece of chocolate!

Me: (trying not to laugh) Adelle, that's just funny because you would never do that.

Adelle: I know! So I waked myself up so I wouldn't dream about that anymore!

Adelle is so sweet and innocent. Honestly, the only things she usually gets in trouble for are interrupting, jumping around and acting like a pony too much, and getting out of bed too many times. It's extremely rare for her to do anything wrong knowingly. Will she stay this sweet forever?

4 comments:

Valerie said...

That's great!! That is something I love about homeschooling. Having the time to teach values, and giving them the gift of an innocent childhood. Not making them face adult issues before they are ready.I do admire Adelle's self control. Lizzy would have no problem sneaking chocolate. When we were making cookies, I kept instructing her not to eat them, and she'd say, "I'm not" as she stuffed them in her mouth :)

erin said...

Yes. She's a firstborn. We can NOT break the rules.

Momisodes said...

That is so sweet! I love that she woke herself up. One can only hope that innocence will last :)

Leah said...

I love this :) Let's hope these are the only "naughty" dreams she has for awhile!!