What would you do if you were totally exhausted but could not lay down? What if all you could do was sit there in the middle of your bed unable to get into a comfortable sleeping position? I think I would eventually cry. It's what Ivan does anyways.
Ivan is very mobile now. Crawling, getting into a sitting position, and yes, believe it or not, he's pulling up to standing. It's all fine and good but when it's time for bed he sits up and screams. He's so tired but won't lay down. I'm not sure he knows he's supposed to! All day long he practices moving around. Why should bed time be any different?
I'm so tired of the screaming. Please let it stop soon. The "cry it out" method is not working too well these days. Occasionally I get lucky and I nurse him to sleep but most nights I get to listen to a long bout of screaming around 10 pm. It's such a nice way to end my day. I really hate to be a whiner but I just need to vent once in a while. Thanks for listening.
Like a waterfall in slow motion, Part One
3 years ago



3 comments:
Oh, Melissa, that sounds so challenging!!It's hard enough when your kids are cranky, but by the end of the day, you've got no patience left to deal with it!! Hope things get better soon!!
PS. love your new profile pic!!
Ohhhhh, I'm so sorry. Does it help to remind yourself that you will only get to nurse him once?
No?
Sorry.
Post a Comment