Sunday, November 9, 2008

Conversations with Adelle

Adelle: Can I climb on the back of this chair? I never fall. (she's referring to the chair I'm sitting in while holding Ivan.)

Me: No, I don't like it when you climb on the chair while I'm sitting in it.

Adelle: Why?

Me: Because I worry you might fall and bump Ivan.

Adelle: But I just said I never fall!

Me: Adelle, please stop arguing with me.

Adelle: Hmph! It's not nice to talk to me like that.

She then walks off to the bedroom.

Me: Where are you going?

Adelle: To hide! (most likely under the covers of our bed)

Me: Why?

Adelle: Momma, it's not nice to ask "why" all the time.

Great. My own words used against me. And somehow when I try to explain how it's not nice to talk to me that way it goes right over her head.

1 comment:

Valerie said...

She sounds just like Audrey! Isn't it scary, to hear your children sound just like you? (Well, except when they're being sweet and darling :)